First, I’d like to recap how I did on my August goals. If you remember, I created these goals on my Meal Planning post half way through August.
SO HOW DID I DO?
GOALS FOR THE REST OF AUGUST
- Cut down on the grains I eat and buy gluten-free products. –
- I did manage to cut down on grains for the week that I meal planned…not so much the last week of August. I definitely didn’t try to purchase gluten-free products.
- Consume at least one serving of fruit each day.
- I definitely didn’t consume at least one serving of fruit a day.
- Juice one cup of fruits and veggies daily or make a smoothie.
- I only juiced twice and didn’t end up making any smoothies. I have to say, freshly juiced OJ is AWESOME!
- Buy smaller quantities of fresh produce, don’t waste it!
- Some products you just can’t buy smaller quantities of. I ended up wasting blueberries, kale, and a cucumber. But the amount of fresh produce I did use up greatly outweighs what was wasted!
- Prepare snack-sized portions and meals ahead of time (freezer meals for the days I want something quick).
- I cut up some broccoli and carrots and made dip for snacking. That was all I made ahead of time. No freezer meals.
- Track my calories. If I’m repeatedly coming up short on reaching 1200 calories a day, consider high calorie shakes.
- I did not track my calories. Tracking calories of homemade meals is difficult! BUT not impossible, so I should be doing this every day!
Half or even quarter recipes that I can’t freeze
- Easy! (except for quartering an egg)
- Limit myself to one piece of chocolate a day.
- On most days, there wasn’t even any chocolate in the house!
- Don’t even buy ice cream!
- For the most part, there was no ice cream, except for the last week of August where I caved and bought a pint of Phish Food. But considering one pint lasts me 4-5 days, I’d say that’s pretty good!
- Start regularly taking the vitamins/supplements I’ve been “forgetting” to take (calcium, fiber, probiotics, melatonin, etc)
- I started taking melatonin and probiotics daily. I took fiber one day but forgot about the rest. Need to add them to drinks DAILY!
- Get outside for at least 30 minutes each day (wear sunblock!)
- I didn’t go outside for 30 minutes each day, nor did I wear sunblock.
Yeah, not so great. I could definitely use some improvement for September!
I did try to make some frozen banana chocolate ice cream….it did not turn out, at all. I bought cocoa powder based on a recipe and it was just plain disgusting. I am going to try it with some Ovaltine to see if it is any better.
My husband and I went grocery shopping yesterday after I meal planned based on my soon-to-expire coupons and the store ad. Out of the 47 items we bought, I think maybe 5 of them weren’t on sale or we didn’t have coupons for! We ended up saving about $35! We still spent over $120 so I’m no extreme couponer or anything. I’ve never seen coupons for healthy food anyway.
- Meal plan every week!
- Consume at least one serving of fruit each day. Juicing and smoothies count!
- Don’t waste any fresh produce!
- Prepare snack-sized portions and (freezer) meals ahead of time.
- Track my calories.
- Limit myself to one piece of dark chocolate a day.
- Limit myself to less than 1/2 cup of ice cream a day.
- Start taking vitamins/supplements DAILY!
- Take a 30 minute walk each day (wear sunblock!)
- Create an #outwithstudentdebt video.
- Meditate for 2 minutes a day.
- Play a brain game at least once a day. (Supposed to help with a bad memory)
- Get a job or start making income somehow!
I have two potential job interviews coming up within the next few weeks. One is for a local house cleaning business and the other is at a library. Wish me luck!