- I paid off my credit card and one of my student loans.
- I made a $7,722 decrease in student loan debt for 2014.
- I over made $1,100 in side income (selling stuff, baby/pet sitting, house cleaning, and survey sites).
- I bought a domain for my blog.
- I visited my family in Wisconsin and Upper Michigan twice.
- Through 23andme DNA testing, I found out I am over 27% Finnish.
- I took a staycation and experienced a number of firsts (mani/pedi, hibachi, sushi, cards against humanity).
- Participated in a Relay For Life with my best friend.
- I was running regularly (couch to 5k) normally for a month.
- I animated.
- I neglected my blog.
- USPS messed up 3 times.
- My best friend moved to South Korea
- I learned what OPP stands for (you don’t want to know).
- I stopped running when it got cold.
- My sleep debt took a bigger toll on me than my actual debt.
- Stress was through the roof!
- I had lots of health issues: stomach pains (IBS), hiatal hernia, food poisoning, colds, many sinus infections, 3 infections at one time, nasal polyp, sinus deviation, sinus surgery, at least two corneal abrasions and two instances of having to wear an eye patch, eyelash/skin removal procedure, D&C surgical procedure, and I developed allergies.
Remember my 2014 Goals…Overkill post? Below is what I actually accomplished from that massive list (100% passed, no almosts).
- Play with my cats prior to meal time – It has seriously helped them not run around like crazy on top of me very early in the morning.
- Add about $25 to our savings account after each pay day to grow our emergency fund to $1000 by the end of 2014.
- Decide on a domain.
- Create a daily skin care regimen.
- Get rid of/sell things we no longer use.
- Acquire a kitchen table and microwave stand/cart.
MASSIVE 2015 GOALS LIST
- Make $200 a month from side hustles (pet/baby sitting, house cleaning, surveys, Fiverr, etc).
- Pay off StudentLoan#1 before I turn 30 in June.
- Apply for co-signer release on my private student loans.
- Get hubby on board with budgeting.
- Look into some kind of retirement savings (because relying on death or the future NFL success of my best friend’s two year old child aren’t smart options).
- Weigh the pros/cons of pet insurance.
- Relearn the programs that are relevant to my Media Arts & Animation degree.
- Create a minimum of four pieces of art to add to my portfolio.
- Have a portfolio website up and running by October 2014.
- Have several blog posts written in advance, schedule them, and stop neglecting my blog!
- Have guest posts on my blog and write guest posts.
- Look into affiliate programs and ways to make money through blogging.
- Complete a 30 Day Drawing Challenge.
- Practice face painting and caricatures (would make great side hustle income).
- Get my air brush working!
- Sew at least once a month – I have so many pairs of pants that need hemming and would love to be able to create and alter clothes that fit me.
- Take all of my medications and supplements (Prilosec, fiber, probiotics, etc.)
- Every night complete the Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye dental care regimen.
- Keep a sleep diary and figure out how to get some quality Zzzz’s!
- Exercise regularly!
- Take a dance class.
- Begin strength training with the end goal of kipping before my 30th.
- Take a daily walk, eventually add running spurts and run a damn mile!
- Eat healthier!!
- Meal plan weekly.
- Log my food/calorie intake on MyFitnessPal.
- Cut back on processed food, eat less sugar.
- Prepare meals/snacks ahead of time and don’t waste fresh produce!
- Be more positive.
- Relax (meditate) daily.
- Sit up straight.
- Schedule and manage my time better (cleaning, cooking, exercising, reading, relaxing, wake up and bed time routines).
- Spend less time on Facebook.
- Spend less time watching tv shows (except the ones I really enjoy).
- Visit my best friend in South Korea!
- Learn to knit.
- Learn a little sign language.
- Sort through Hubby’s boxes/piles of stuff and clean up the guest bedroom.
- Acquire a coffee table.
- Hang decorations that I have and create new ones.
- Attend a marriage retreat to work on improving our relationship.
- Do more things with Hubby (shooting range, out to eat, movies, etc.)
- Make more friends and do things I enjoy (bowling, dancing, game nights, arts & crafts, etc.).
Yep, once again, I have a massive list. There’s a lot of things I want to change and I know that I will likely fail at most of these in 2015, but I have to try! Happy New Year!