I may be setting myself up for failure here with this monstrous list of goals (and random to-do’s) but this is all stuff I want to change, I’ve tried to change, or NEED to change! Let’s do this!
- Make $200 a month from side hustles (pet/baby sitting, house cleaning, surveys, Fiverr, etc).
- Pay off all credit card debt (including hubby’s) by December 2014 – That’s about $410 a month, doable.
- Add about $25 to our savings account after each pay day to grow our emergency fund to $1000 by the end of 2014.
- Budget better (pre-purchase junk food) for long underways or deployments that hubby goes on this year.
- Look into some kind of retirement savings (because relying on death or the future NFL success of my best friend’s barely one year old child aren’t smart options).
- Weigh the pros/cons of pet insurance.
- Relearn the programs that are relevant to my Media Arts & Animation degree.
- Create a minimum of one piece of art to add to my portfolio each month.
- Have a portfolio website up and running by August 2014.
- Start freelancing again by September 2014.
- Have several blog posts written in advance, schedule them.
- Have guest posts on my blog and write guest posts.
- Decide on a domain and redesign!
- Look into affiliate programs and ways to make money through blogging.
- Carry a sketchbook with me in my purse, and use it.
- Complete a 30 Day Drawing Challenge.
- Practice face painting and caricatures (would make great side hustle income).
- Get my air brush working!
- Sew at least once a month – I have so many pairs of pants that need hemming and would love to be able to create and alter clothes that fit me.
- Take all of my medications and supplements (Prilosec, fiber, probiotics, etc.)
- Every night complete the Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye dental care regimen.
- Exercise regularly!
- On days I don’t work Thursday mornings, go to the free zumba class on base.
- Sign up for the Friday evening adult gymnastics class and begin kip training by February.
- Take a daily walk, eventually add running spurts and run a damn mile by December 2014.
- Eat healthier!!
- Meal plan weekly. Cook more and utilize the slow cooker my mom got me for Christmas!
- Log my food/calorie intake on MyFitnessPal and keep up with the Fit for Fourteen group.
- Cut back on processed food, eat less sugar.
- Prepare meals/snacks ahead of time and don’t waste the fresh produce!
- Continue my TMJ and Speech therapy at home.
- Relax (meditate) for 15 minutes with the heated blanket wrapped around my head.
- Twice daily do neck and tongue depressor exercises.
- Read out loud, slowly, over-exaggerate enunciation.
- Sit up straight.
- Revamp my 15 things I should be doing daily list and print or write out this list and place it around my apartment so I see it daily.
- Develop some kind of feeding routine for my cats so they stop thinking I will feed them every time I get up from my computer chair.
- Create a daily skin care regimen.
- Schedule and manage my time better (cleaning, cooking, exercising, reading, relaxing, wake up and bed time routines).
- Spend less time on Facebook – There’s no reason I need to see EVERY single post I missed since I last logged in.
- Spend less time watching tv shows (except the ones I really enjoy).
- Take a workshop at Home Depot (learn to use power tools, refurbish furniture?)
- Reread H.O.T. Web Design book.
- Learn to knit.
- Learn a little sign language.
- Sort through Hubby’s boxes/piles of stuff.
- Get rid of/sell things we have not used since we moved in.
- Organize the bedrooms and linen closet.
- Acquire a kitchen table, a microwave stand/cart, and a coffee table.
- Hang decorations that I have and create new ones.
- Work on being less of a snarky bitch towards Hubby. (Happy thoughts…hold my tongue for three seconds before responding).
- Do more things with Hubby (shooting range, out to eat, movies, etc.)
- Make more friends and actually do things beside work with them. (Book club, board game night, etc.)
And here’s my 2014 list of 15 Things I Should Be Doing Daily:
- Take ALL medication and supplements.
- Wear sunblock.
- Dental care regimen.
- Read out loud.
- Stretch (legs, arms, neck stretches).
- Walk or exercise for 15 minutes minimum.
- Log food/calorie intake on MyFitnessPal.
- Consume one piece of fruit (solid or liquid form).
- Draw something.
- Brush cats, this will help keep cat hair at bay.
- Play with cats prior to meal time.
- Scoop all litter boxes.
- Vacuum at least one room.
- Clear clutter and dust/wipe down counters and surfaces.
- Dishes, either wash them by hand or put dirty ones in the dishwasher before bed.
Uhh…that’s a lot of stuff, kind of overwhelming. One day at a time! I’m on Pinterest now looking up other ways to help me change my habits…from printing lists, writing lists on my bathroom mirror, using real post-it notes, etc. I definitely need to find a better way to organize my random notes and to-do’s because my desktop is plastered with sticky notes and it’s kind of overwhelming.
I think I need to get a planner! Until then, I created this weekly planner page that I can insert into a plastic cover thingy and use a dry erase marker to fill in all the details. On the bottom, I have a section where I can schedule cleaning, blog, art, exercise and meals categories daily.
2014 shall be the year of lifestyle changes. Yes, yes it shall and YOU will be my witness!