11 Random Facts About Me
- I am the same height I was when I was 9 (a resounding 4’9″).
- I have the full collection of the Gilmore Girls television series.
- I watch the 5 hour long mini-series of Pride & Prejudice every year (with Colin Firth. *swoon*).
- I don’t have a gallbladder.
- As a natural response to my hearing loss, I often precede answering questions with a “what?” even when I clearly heard the question.
- My best friend and I were born on the same day, in the same hospital.
- The Lion King will always be my favorite movie.
- I am a procrastinator and a perfectionist in one.
- I could hula hoop for hours, if I wanted to.
- My typing speed ranges from 72-87 words per minute (72 is what I was at in High School, 87 was the last speed test I took a couple months back when I signed up for Mechanical Turk).
- I have a partial occlusion in the artery that runs by my right ear, which causes me to hear my heart beating or the turbulence of blood flow in my left ear.
11 Questions For Me
1. What is your favorite dessert?
Chocolate. Ice cream. Chocolate ice cream! Chocolate ice cream cake! Or cheesecake. Or raspberry chocolate. Sheesh, I don’t know!
2. What’s the best thing that has happened to you in the past month?
Umm…having two job interviews?
3. Have you ever won anything?
Not the lottery or through raffles. I never win when it comes to luck. I won a Pintester tshirt for messing up a recipe, a College Affordability video contest, a Garfield phone for raising money for Relay For Life when I was a teenager, and a $50 judge’s choice award for a drawing I made in like 1st grade.
4. What is your favorite article of clothing?
I always have one hoodie that I either wear all the time or bring with me everywhere, because I’m always cold. The zipper is broken so said hoodie needs to be replaced.
5. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
Can I get an alternate universe history here? I’d like to see how my life would have played out had I never gotten cancer as a kid.
6. If you were a type of animal, what would you be and why?
I’d totally be a cat, because they’re awesome!
7. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
Definitely an introvert. I like spending time alone.
8. What (in your opinion) is the best quality another person can have?
Having an open mind…the ability to see things from multiple perspectives and respect differing opinions.
9. How would you explain your basic life philosophy?
To live consciously each day, making choices that stimulate growth in myself and others with an open mind and mindful loving (love comes from within, others do not hold our power to love). I hope my work will provide ways for people to better understand themselves with more compassion and appreciation for their humanness. I want to create meaningful relationships, build on mutuality, fun, and growth. I would like to leave memories of zany times, touching moments, and enduring wisdom with others.
10. If you won the million dollar lottery tomorrow, what would you do with it?
I’ve thought about this one A LOT. Immediately, I would try to settle my student loans for less than I currently owe. I’d obviously also pay off all credit cards and the car loan, get a second car, buy some furniture, maybe buy a house (might use it as income property). I’d buy some Packer tickets and take my family and friends to a game! I’d also take my mom and nieces on a cruise! I’d help my mom and dad with any debts/expenses. I’d probably buy my mom a better used car and start up a diner/restaurant that my mom and uncle have been dreaming about. I’d put some away for my nieces’ college funds, savings, and investments. I’d also try starting a non-profit to help others with student loan debt. An idea at the Facebook group, ForgiveStudentLoanDebt.com, always pops up every couple of months to start a non-profit that everyone pools minimal amounts into each month ($10 or so) that goes towards helping someone pay off/settle their student loans, only with the promise to contribute to the pool for future debtors who also need help.
11. Ok, be honest: Do you think you have a good sense of humor?
No. (That was humor.)
Questions for My Nominees
1. What is your favorite song right now?
2. What is the last book you read?
3. If you could pick an all-inclusive vacation right now, where would you want to go/what would you want to do?
4. Where is the furthest you’ve ever been from your hometown/birthplace?
5. What television shows are you currently watching?
6. What goals are you hoping to accomplish before the new year begins?
7. If you could go back in time, what year would go to? Why?
8. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
9. Do speak any other languages?
10. Do you have a favorite restaurant?
11. Which board game do/did you enjoy playing the most?