Today I turn 28! Happy Birthday to me! And happy birthday to my best friend as well! (Same hospital, same day! ) And because we’re so awesome, Krispy Kreme is giving everyone a free doughnut today!
And with my birthday, I celebrate 18 years of being cancer free! Check out my cancer story for a big, long explanation of what I went through.
Back in January I created a 30 before 30 list at my old blog. Since Erin at Red Debted Stepchild recently shared her 25 before 25 list on her 24th birthday, I figured I would move my list here and share it with you. I’ve got 2 years to make this stuff happen!
- Kip-See the link for what a kip is. This will take lots of training that I should probably start…NOW!
- Run a mile easily. I’ve never ran a whole mile. Ever.
- Participate in a 5k-I’ll obviously need to work on one mile first.
- Shoot a gun-Hubby often talks about taking me shooting or to a gun show. My Bug-A-Salt doesn’t count.
- Learn to use power tools
- Refinish/update a piece of thrift store furniture
- Grow plants and or herbs indoors-Hopefully my cats don’t eat them!
- Visit New York-Fleet Week was cancelled this year, maybe next year I’ll get the opportunity.
- See a Broadway musical
- Write a book
- Read the whole Bible-I’m not religious but I am open to interpretation.
- Read top 10 novels of all time
- Take a hip hop dance class-I love to dance!
- Complete a scrapbook
- Fill a sketchbook
- Learn fluent sign language
- Go to a Packer game
- Visit my friend Liz in Oregon, see her family’s neighborhood farm
- Visit Yellowstone National Park
- Volunteer-Just had volunteer orientation yesterday for the Norfolk Animal Care Center!
- Watch top 100 movies-I’ve probably seen about 35-40 of these movies already.
- Learn to juggle-I can kind of do it, but I can’t last more than 5 seconds.
- Go through a corn maze
- Participate in a flash mob
- Anonymously pay it forward to at least one person
- Go sledding or play in the snow
- Productively manage my time
- Successfully make money working from home
- Obtain a passport
- Visit another country-I have technically already done this but it’d be great to go somewhere else!
Happy Friday everyone! What are some things on your bucket or X before X lists?